Sunday, November 27, 2011

My First World Problems

Okay, I know my last post was about how there are people in the world who are facing life-or-death issues and we shouldn't think our own troubles are significant compared to theirs, and I'm not taking that back, but I still have the right to complain about the little things that go wrong in my life. I know my quality of life is nearly perfect, and don't get me wrong, I appreciate how good I have it, but that doesn't mean I don't get frustrated once in a while. I'm human. And I think it's okay to get my anger out through blogging if that means I'm not going to be making those around me miserable.

My Thanksgiving break has been pretty mediocre. I enjoyed eating all of the yummy side dishes (No turkey for me!) and putting up the Christmas tree, but these past few days just have not felt break-like, if that makes any sense. Wednesday, I just slept all day. And if you're thinking that spending my time sleeping was a decision that I made and I'll just have to live with it, clearly you have never been in my body (which is probably a good thing; it would be pretty freaky if someone else were able to inhabit my body). You think I wanted to sleep? No. No, I did not. I never want to sleep. But my body requires a ridiculous amount of nap time. I swear there is something wrong with me. Then, at about 1:00 PM that night, I remembered, "Oh hey, I had an English assignment due at midnight tonight. Guess I'm getting a zero on that one!" And yes, I know it's my own fault for forgetting, but the second day of break is a really weird time to have a report due, don't you think?

Thursday was mainly comprised to chasing my little cousins around the house, trying to keep them entertained. They're good kids, and I love them, but I do not have the energy of a three-to-seven-year-old, and I kinda wanted to lay on the couch and watch TV with everyone else. Thursday was also an introduction to my bad luck with video games for the week, as I should have beaten Mimana Iyar Chronicle that day, but didn't because the final boss is so insanely hard that I just gave up on beating it and watched the ending on Youtube, which is something I have never had to do in my life. Seriously, I thought it was like an unwritten law of RPGs that the final boss shouldn't be able to heal itself, but I guess nobody told the makers of Mimana Iyar Chronicle that.

Friday? Eh, Friday was pretty good. Not memorable, but relaxing. No, I did not go shopping, you silly. Do you take me for the kind of person who wants to shop on the one day that shopping is not enjoyable? Because that is not my thing at all.

Yesterday (Saturday), I just watched cartoons all day, which was nice until that night, when I had a nightmare that I swear was caused by Adventure Time. (I was watching that episode with the deer. 'Nuff said.)

And then came today. I was planning on playing this game called Rogue Galaxy that I had bought a couple weeks ago, but my PS2 would not play it. Now, the last time I had used the PS2 was maybe two months ago, and it would occasionally have trouble reading the disc back then, but if I just took it out and brushed some dust off, it worked just fine. This time, I tried washing the game numerous times, and it sill refused to work. I tried putting another game in the PS2, and it had no problem starting up, so I'm sure this disc is the issue and not the PS2. So now I'm gonna have to take the stupid thing to Gamestop and hope that they can fix it or at least give me my freakin' ten dollars back. Oh, well. I'm off to try cleaning this piece of junk one more time, and if that doesn't work, I guess I'll just have to give up on it and go on with my pathetic life.

No comments:

Post a Comment